Kiritsuke knives are one of the few multipurpose traditional Japanese blades that can be used as a Yanagi (fish slicer) or an Usuba (vegetable knife).
It is a very versatile knife that can be used to perform many of the tasks normally done with a Gyuto (Chef's knife).
- Its lightweight, double bevel edged can be used to perform many of the tasks normally done with a Gyuto (Chef's knife).
- A Truly Versatile Chef’s Knife (Kiritsuke) due to its ability to Rock and Chop and suite all cutting styles
- Damascus steel with 67-layers (VG10 Core and 33 Folded Damascus Layers) Corrosion resistant and tough with a Rockwell Hardness of HRC 62
- Fireball Damascus Steel Billet Pattern
- Unique coloured octagonal handle – Each Knife has a unique handle and the colour will vary from knife to knife. Some may have multiple colours and others may have less (colours cannot be chosen)
- Double Bevel Sharpened by Hand using the traditional Japanese Honbazuke method where the blade is sharpened and polished by hand in three stages
Forged with imported VG-10 stainless steel - for the core blade material and 66 layers of Damascus Steel this blade will last a lifetime.
VG10 is stainless steel with a high carbon content containing:
- 1% Carbon,
- 15% Chromium,
- 1% Molybdenum,
- 0.2% Vanadium,
- 1.5% Cobalt,
- 0.5% Manganese.
Our Kiritsuke Octagonal Handle is made from wood, which is chemically stabilized. The stabilizing process makes the wood tougher and supper durable and less likely to warp or crack.
The Kiritsuke style of knife is suited to "rock chopping", "push cutting" and "pull cutting". our take on the Kiritsuke blade has been vigorously tested to be a true well-rounded knife.
- Full length: 33 cm (8 inches)
- Blade length: 20.5 cm
- Blade width: 4.8 cm (The widest point)
- Blade thickness: 2.0 mm
- Net weight: 200g
Frequently Asked Questions
Due to extremely high demand and the nature of the Knives being very sharp, orders can take an average of 7-15 working days worldwide after being processed.
Please be patient, we are doing our very best to fulfill every order that we receive as fast as possible.
Once your order has been dispatched to you, please allow 2-4 days for your tracking number to be fully updated on the tracking system. You can track your order at Track my order
Yes! Any unopened items can be returned to us within 30 days of delivery for a refund. Take a look at our Refund Policy for more information.
We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Maestro, Apple Pay, Google Pay, and PayPal
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
Perfect weight and size. Lovely handle. Cornered edges fits perfectly to hand. 100% would recommend.
I bought this knife for my son who is a chef he is very impressed with it I will be getting another one soon. Great communication with dispatch & quick delivery.
And looks so beautiful fits right at home with my chef’s knives at work
So far so good, I like it a lot. Very sharp