Kiritsuke knives are one of the few multipurpose traditional Japanese blades that can be used as a Yanagi (fish slicer) or an Usuba (vegetable knife).
It is a very versatile knife that can be used to perform many of the tasks normally done with a Gyuto (Chef's knife).
- Its lightweight, double bevel edged can be used to perform many of the tasks normally done with a Gyuto (Chef's knife).
- A Truly Versatile Chef’s Knife (Kiritsuke) due to its ability to Rock and Chop and suite all cutting styles
- Damascus steel with 67-layers (VG10 Core and 33 Folded Damascus Layers) Corrosion resistant and tough with a Rockwell Hardness of HRC 62
- Fireball Damascus Steel Billet Pattern
- Unique Black Ebony octagonal handle
- Double Bevel Sharpened by Hand using the traditional Japanese Honbazuke method where the blade is sharpened and polished by hand in three stages
Forged with imported VG-10 stainless steel - for the core blade material and 66 layers of Damascus Steel this blade will last a lifetime.
VG10 is stainless steel with a high carbon content containing:
- 1% Carbon,
- 15% Chromium,
- 1% Molybdenum,
- 0.2% Vanadium,
- 1.5% Cobalt,
- 0.5% Manganese.
Our Kiritsuke Octagonal Handle is made from wood, which is chemically stabilized. The stabilizing process makes the wood tougher and supper durable and less likely to warp or crack.
The Kiritsuke style of knife is suited to "rock chopping", "push cutting" and "pull cutting". our take on the Kiritsuke blade has been vigorously tested to be a true well-rounded knife.
- Full length: 33 cm (8 inches)
- Blade length: 20.5 cm
- Blade width: 4.8 cm (The widest point)
- Blade thickness: 2.0 mm
- Net weight: 200g
Frequently Asked Questions
Due to extremely high demand and the nature of the Knives being very sharp, orders can take an average of 7-15 working days worldwide after being processed.
Please be patient, we are doing our very best to fulfil every order that we receive as fast as possible.
Once your order has been dispatched to you, please allow 2-4 days for your tracking number to be fully updated on the tracking system. You can track your order at Track my order
Yes! Any unopened items can be returned to us within 30 days of delivery for a refund. Take a look at our Refund Policy for more information.
We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Maestro, Apple Pay, Google Pay, and PayPal
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
well superb knife what else I can say thank you
A stunning knife, very well made, very sharp. Was a gift for my husband who was so thrilled with it. Definitely going to purchase more.
Thank you great service and excellent customer support.
It's a great all round knife.